Sunday, September 28, 2008

Block 67

Our second block! Another nice and simple one to ease us into the journey. I did the corner diamonds using 1/2 square triangles, but it's just as simple to use the method where you cut squares, draw a line across the diagonal and sew on the line.

One you have your corner triangles put together (Sorry, took the picture one step too soon) and sew your side stripes together, you have a 9 patch to put together.

Assemble the 9 patch and tada! your second block is done.

6 comments:

Yvette said...

Very pretty! Thank you for showing how you made this one. I will knock it out on Friday.

Floss said...

Well I picked up the book and some fabric, so sign me up. I already two weeks behind, so I guess I should get started.

Kristie said...

I love this quilt, I don't have the book yet but my question is...can these blocks be paper pieced, how are they printed in the book?? I would like to know more about the patterns before I buy the book. I looked to see if I could find someting out but haven't yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kristie

Yvette said...

Krisie,

I paper-pieced my first block. The patterns are similar to the Dear Jane. There are no instructions, you just use the method you prefer. I hate the mess of paper piecing but I sure like the accuracy.

Join us!! I am on my way to take a look at your blog.

Rina said...

The second block is ready. I didn't use paper piercing, but for others this will work well. You can see mine on my weblog.

Greetings, Rina
http://quiltperikelen.blogspot.com

Kristie said...

How exciting! Please add me to your list!! I will try to get these two blocks finished this weekend!!!
Kristie