Sunday, August 15, 2010

Block 88

If you're making the border blocks by creating the block and cutting it in half, you'll want to follow the same method as we did for block 41.

If you're making the edge blocks as two separate pieces then you'll want to follow along here.  Here is everything set out and ready to go.  The pile of squares in the upper right hand corner is for the 1/2 square triangles.

Here we are with the finished 1/2 square triangles.

Now I've started working on assembling the basket.  If you can see, I've approached this block as a set of rows (on the diagonal).

The first two rows are assembled and ready to put together.

Now the final row is ready and I can put the remaining rows together.

Here the baskets have been assembled and now I just need to add the handle.  I hand appliqued mine.

Here are the baskets with the handles.

No comments: