Sunday, December 28, 2008

Block 11

Warning Yvette! Next week's block will be the tough one.

I'll try to bracket the tough ones with simpler blocks. This one is basically a 4-patch centre in a log cabin.

Basically I cut the centre blocks to the correct size and made the 4-patch. The remaining strips, I cut larger and trimmed the block down to size each round.

Side one.

Side two.

Side three.

Side four. Trim down to size. Lather, rinse, repeat. (Many many more times. :)

After you've completed 4 more rounds like that first one, you've got block 11!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Now this is my kind of block!!!

I am on vacation this week, I better rest up for next weeks block.

Thank you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

If you are all still working on this quilt next year I might try to join in on the fun but I need to finish up a few other things right now. I think I have decided on white and indigo shades
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Rina said...

Nice block. I'm three blocks behind, but will catch up this week! During my vacation in Germany I made block 22. A block with 134 pieces. It was fun making, but a lot work.
You can see the results on my blog.