Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Block 58

Our next block and the half way point!

I've started off with the 1/2 square triangles.  Once I did the triangles, I set everything out.

I then tackled the middle and the corners.  For the middle I put the pile of squares together in little 4-patches.  For the corners, I added the remaining triangles and trimmed the edges.

Then I put the little 4-patches together into a larger 4-patch (or 16 patch).  When I'm doing lots of pieces like this and they work out in even multiples of 4 I prefer to do them as 4-patches instead of rows because I've got that whole curved row problem going on in my piecing.

I've now added the middle border.

And finally the outer corners to make up our 49th block!  (hmmm.  Maybe should have saved block 49 for this one? :)

1 comment:

Julianne said...

This one looks like fun!! I will be at the 1/4 mark when you reach 1/2 way. Sadly, I will be on hols for 2 weeks and won't be sewing. Not looking forward to block 42 though!!!