Sunday, May 31, 2009

Block 47

Another relatively simple block for us.  Warning!!  We're going to have another more complex one coming up soon.  (Don't want to leave them all until the end...)

I ended up paper piecing the triangles on the side.  The measurements were a little off, so paper piecing it is.  Here is everything cut and ready to go.  

The first things I did were make the 1/2 square triangles for the centre pinwheel and attached the posts for the middle border.  (Behind the scenes I did the paper piecing :)

Here things are with the centre pinwheel.

To get the centre of your pinwheel to lie a little more flatly, after you've sewn everything together you can remove the last few stitches of the seam and press you seam so it goes in opposite directions.  You end up with a little baby pinwheel like this:

Here I've attached the middle border and placed out the remaining pieces.  I cut the corner triangles a little larger and trimmed them down after they were attached.  I split the outer border like this to avoid Y-seams. :)

Here it is with the paper pieced triangles attached.

And here is our next block with the corner triangles attached and trimmed!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Very pretty!

Thank you for the easy one. You must have known it was my short weekend. LOL!