Sunday, March 8, 2009

Block 90

Another edge block for us and another simple one. Hopefully this will let people get caught up on their blocks.
Once again, if you're making two separate triangles to add the 1/4" seam allowance you'll want to follow the red & white block photos.
Here is everything all laid out and ready to go.

This would be a 4-patch if it weren't two separate blocks. :)

I thought I had taken the interim step picture before I had to leave, but obviously I hadn't. I also changed out the middle fabric, I wasn't liking how it looked, I wanted a little more contrast. I added the middle border. Then the triangles to end up with the two edge triangles.

Now, if you're doing the make a square and then cut it in half method, you'll want to follow the non-red blocks. Once again, everything is ready to go an all laid out.
 
The centre is a 4-patch.
 
That 4-patch then becomes the centre of our old friend the 9-patch.

And finally, the 9-patch becomes the centre for a square-in-a-square block.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Why can't they all be this easy? LOL!

Looks great! I may piece this one.

Rina said...

This was really an easy one, so I made also a difficult one. Currious? Look at my blog