Sunday, February 15, 2009

Block 29

Well, after last week's weirder block we're back to the more familiar.

I just had to choose a heart fabric in honour of Valentine's day. :)

The centre is our old friend square-in-a-square and I used the Fast Flying Geese method for the flying geese.

Once you've got the square-in-a-square and flying geese put together, the centre is is a 9-patch. Plus, you'll notice, I've been putting together all the stripes for the outside border as I went along.

A few last strips to add....

The finished block!

If I were to do this one again, I think I'd make the dark fabric in the outer border a different one from the middle border. Right now when I look at the block all I can see are the arrows. :)

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Another good job!

Have you seen all the new red/white fabric out there? I am trying to hold back and use what I have but I am getting weak.

Rina said...

Love your block. Mine is also ready and I made three more, so I'm all caught up.