Thursday, January 21, 2010

Block 75

There seems to be a bit of a 1/2 square triangle theme going on these days.

For this block, I paper pieced the sides for the second border from the outside. The angles were not 30, 45, or 60 degrees, so the cutting would have been a little tough.

Here is the block set out with the 1/2 square triangles and paper piecing completed for the outer borders. When cutting, note that the centre is not composed of squares. And that they're all different sizes to boot!

I started working on building the strips for each of the outer border along with centre block, paying attention to placement of the pieces. (Did I mention that they're not all the same size?? :)

Continuing to pieces the middle of the block and border strips. (Yes, I ended up un-picking the middle a couple of times. Did I mention that they're not all the same size?? :)

Here the middle is complete and I'm still working on those outer borders.

The strips for the outer borders are complete! And I've added the first border to the centre of the block.

Now the next border.

And the next one....

And the next one....

And now we have our finished block!

1 comment:

Rina said...

What a beauty. I have not made mine yet, so I will work also on this block this week.