Sunday, May 24, 2009

Block 20

Here are all the pieces set out and ready to go.  You can see, for the corners, I cut rectangles that fit the longest measurement of the point and then trimmed things up when the corner piece was assembled.

Here is a close up of the corner.  One trimmed the other ready for trimming.

Onto the centre.  First I assembled the 4 patch and the outer posts.

Then the 4 patch becomes the centre of a square-in-a-square block.

Then I added the middle, light border.

Then the outer border.  The centre of the block is ready for its corners.

And here is is with the corners attached.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

This block scares me. I think it looks easier than it is.

Yours came out perfect, as usual.

Rina said...

I didn't start this block because it looks difficult. Now I''ll have to. Thanks for your explanation.