Sunday, March 22, 2009

Block 42

Well, one week without a computer has taught me many things...  Like the fact I'm a computerholic.  I am now the proud owner of a new computer and am slowly getting it setup to do what I want.  Life is good.

It also taught me just how much time I spend on the computer.  I got soooo much done this week. :)

I hope everyone enjoyed their week off.  Today is my first week back online (at work I was on training so away from computers there too :) so I didn't see the requests for a hint until too late.  Sorry.

Onto the block...  This one has a lot of pieces and can seem a little intimidating, but when all is said and done, it's not to bad when you break things down.

It starts off with quite a few pieces.  Note: the centre flying geese are not standard.  They're narrower so the regular methods don't work.  I chose to paper piece them (it was the least fuss way).

I started off with the paper pieced flying geese and the centre 4-patch.  So far, not too bad :)

I then added the rest of the flying geese and the remaining cut squares.

If you look at each corner separately you'll see that they're a simple Ohio star block.  We now have our friend the 9-patch to assemble.

You'll want to repeat this three more time for each block.

You're now looking at another 9-patch :)  This one you'll need to pay attention to all the points when you're putting things together.  I also recommend pressing away from the centre flying geese.  The seam there is pretty dense.

And tada!  You have another block. 

And now what you were really waiting for....

The winner of the draw.  Looking at the comments from the previous post, your odds are good.


Wanna know the winner yet? :)


Yvette!  (e-mail me your mailing info and keep an eye on the postbox)

The prize was a little bag I made and a fat quarter to help you along with your Nearly Insane quilt.  Thanks everyone for joining me in this journey.

3 comments:

Rina said...

Welcom back!

Yvette said...

WOO HOO!!!! I have never won anything. I am sooo excited.

OK, on to this weeks block. I think this is one of my favorites. I hope to get mine done next weekend, unless I can sneak away this afternoon.

Yvette said...

I don't know your email address. Mine is yvettego@gmail.com

You know, I just realized that everytime you post in my blog I have relied to you. All those replies must have went to cyber space. LOL!!