Monday, December 28, 2009

Block 18

Here's to ending the year off with a bang!  (or a whimper)  According to the book, this is the block with the largest number of pieces.  

And, yes, it did take me longer than anticipated to finish (hence the late post) but it wasn't difficult.  Just time consuming.

My tips are to pay attention to the direction you are pressing in to minimize bulky seams and to measure and square up the sections as you move along.

Well, this block starts of with a pile of 1/2 square triangles.

Here is the block with all those 1/2 square triangles set out.  First I worked on the centre.  I did the Ohio star block in the centre.

And added the borders around.  Plus, I started connecting all those 1/2 square triangles.

Here I am turning the triangles into rows.

Now it's been reduced to a simple 3 patch. :)

And here it is finished! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.  Did you realize that, keeping to one block a week, we'll be finished all the blocks in 2010!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

OMG! I knew this was the one. Just think, I have to make 2 of these. {Faint}

Kerstin said...

what a wonderful blog!

I start with the NI in a few days :-)

greetings
Kerstin

Wilma said...

Impressed!
In January I am going to start with nearly insane myself. This is the block I am going to start with, have the hardest one over and done with.
your blog is going to be a great help.
thank you!