Sunday, April 26, 2009

Block 48

This block looked like it was a two colour block, but looking at the finished block it could be really interesting with more fabrics.

Here is everything all laid out and ready to go.  The squares to the side are for the 1/2 square triangles on the centre white rectangles.

Here it is with the 1/2 square triangles.  To make them I cut squares 1/2 inch larger than the finished triangle.  Drew a line diagonally across the square and then sewed on the line.

Here I've assembled the sub-blocks.  And, look!  it's our old friend the 9-patch.

For this one I pressed the top and bottom rows away from the centre which left me pressing towards the centre for the centre row.

And here is our finished block for the week.  I hope you have a great week ahead.  (And where ever you are, it not snowing like it is here.)

1 comment:

Yvette said...

You are teasing me again with that cute heart fabric. ;)