Sunday, February 22, 2009

Block 94

This is our second edge block. This block can be done in two different ways. It depends on whether or not you want the extra seam allowance. I decided that I did, so the Red and white block is made as two triangle blocks.

Here is everything cut out and ready to go. Again, for the flying geese, I'm using the fast flying geese method. I also cut the dark red border around the centre square-in-a-square block in just 4 pieces, I didn't bother trying to preserve the log cabin style for that border.

Here the flying geese are done and corner triangles are on the centre.

Everything ready for the final piecing.

Here is the block, ready for trimming.

For anyone that is choosing to make the block and then cut it in half diagonally, you'll want to follow these pictures. Again, here is the fabric cut and ready to go. Again, I'm using the fast flying geese method for the flying geese.

Here are the flying geese and the square-in-a square ready to go. Once the inner purple border is on, the block is once again a 9-patch. :) (I'm starting to see them everywhere....)

Centre borders are on and the corner posts are attached.

The block is done and ready to be sliced in half. This one definitely shows the star much better. One of my favourite things about seeing everyone's blocks as we progress on this quilt is seeing just how much of a difference fabric choices can make. (It's one of my favourite things about taking classes too.)
I hope everyone is having a great week.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I really like your color combo on this one. I decided that I need to shop for more deeper reds. ;)