Monday, August 24, 2009

Block 43

This block is a little deja-vu.  Apparently Salinda Rupp was a fan of Lone Star blocks.

Once again, I traced everything out onto freezer paper, numbered and labeled (Dark, Medium, Light) each piece.  I numbered two copies.  One that I cut out and used as the template and one that I left intact so I could figure out where the tiny pieces went when I lost track of things.

Here is everything for the star set out and ready to go.

First I assembled the 8 star points.  You'll need to pay attention to your pressing.  I made sure the seams were going different ways to minimize the bulk.

Here is the flip side.  Attach the star points together.  Remember to stop sewing on the outer side of your seams at the 1/4 inch seam allowance (and backstitch).  

Here are the star points attached and the corners ready to go.  Each one of these is a Y-seam.  Attach each of them using the instructions in this link.

And here is the finished block!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

ACK!

Yours is beautiful.

Janet said...

WOW!!! Your block looks beautiful!

Julianne said...

You make it look so easy!! This block looks great!!
I will have to perfect this paper piecing technique. I seem to have a lot of trouble with fraying fabric.
Thank-you for referring me to the paper piecing tutorial. I will study it closely for the next one!